AS-Laundry Detergent: Concentrated liquid laundry detergent that neutralizes protein allergens while providing excellent cleaning performance. Use as any other concentrated liquid detergent, about 1 - 2 ounces per load. Safe for septic systems. Available in 64-oz. laundry bottle
- Concentrated detergent formulated for allergy sufferers.
- Effectively neutralizes dust mite, cat, dog, and other allergens.
- Free of dyes, fragrances, or synthetics.
- Effective at all water temperatures – cold, warm, or hot.
- Use full strength as a pre-treatment for stains.
- Use only one ounce per average load.
- Can be used on delicate fabrics. Color safe.
- People safe, environmentally safe, and pet safe.
- Control dust mites.
AllerSafe® - How It Works
Proteins have very distinct shapes on their exterior. Shape is important because the body recognizes protein allergens by the shapes on their outer surface. When the protein is denatured, the strand of amino acids that make up the protein is "teased" apart, leaving you with a protein that has totally lost its shape. When the structure is changed, surface shapes that the body recognizes are no longer there.
Figure 1 is a very simple graphic illustration demonstrating the process of denaturing a protein allergen. The illustration is a representation a complex strings of atoms.
Without that original shape, the protein is no longer recognized by the body as an allergen, therefore it does not cause an allergic reaction.